It is easy to become inebriated during a hot summer day while celebrating the nation’s independence at all the amazing Austin Fourth of July events . We’ve listed some great events and how to stay sober and out of jail this 4th of July.
Join Willie Nelson & family at Austin360 Amphitheater at Circuit of The Americas for his annual 4th of July celebration. Musical guests feature Brantley Gilbert, Jamey Johnson, Alison Krauss, Kris Kristofferson, Lee Ann Womack, Shakey Graves, Leon Russell, Jamestown Revival, Cody Johnson, Margo Price, Billy Joe Shaver, Johnny Bush, Ray Wylie Hubbard, David Allan Coe, Asleep at the Wheel, Paula Nelson, Raelyn Nelson Band, Folk Uke, Dallas Wayne, and Amber Digby.
Austin’s annual Fourth of July celebration is the city’s largest Independence Day event. This year it will be held at Circuit of the Americas instead of on Auditorium Shores. The 38th Annual Austin Symphony H-E-B July 4th Concert & Fireworks will begin at 8:30 p.m. Friday, and fireworks will start at 9:30 p.m and feature traditional patriotic music.
Tips for Staying Safe & Sober During the Fourth of July
- Stay hydrated when outdoors for Fourth of July parties – Drinking during the day is common during the Fourth of July holiday. To combat inebriation and have a fun time, drink plenty of water in tandem with conservative alcohol consumption. Keep a handful of snack around as well to stay nourished.
- Have a designated driver if things take a turn for the worse – Think before you drink. After partying under the sunny Texas sky, you’ll want to get home safely. Before you arrive at a holiday celebration, you will need to hand over your car keys to a designated driver. Enlist the help of a close friend or family member.
- Heat stroke can and will happen if you’re drinking irresponsibly – The risk of heat stroke is very high for persons imbibing in extreme heat. If you’re unfamiliar with heat stroke, which is also known as “sunstroke”, here are the facts:
- Heat stroke is a potentially fatal medical emergency that can strike a person who’s exposed to extreme heat.
- Internal organs and the human brain are heavily impacted by heat stroke, and irreparable damage is highly likely for those that consume alcohol in the heat
- Cramping, fainting and exhaustion are all symptoms of heat stroke. If you suffer from any one of these symptoms during a Fourth of July event, call for emergency assistance immediately.
If you find yourself behind bars this Fourth of July, our 24-hour bail bond service will get you out of jail fast. Freedom Bail Bonds services both Travis and Williamson County Jails. Call 1(800) 766-7002 for more information.