There are many ways women can protect themselves from harm during Halloween because of all the creepers and crawlers that are on the town. The following safety tips offer women the ability to have a uproariously fun at Austin Halloween parties while staying safe.
- Be aware of your surroundings – Your great night out starts with being aware of your surroundings. Even if you’re in a familiar place for Halloween parties, there may be guests in attendance with plans to ruin your night. While enjoying your time, keep a look out for unusual behavior however difficult that may be during the strangest night of the year.
Tip: The criminal’s primary strategy is to use the advantage of surprise. Studies have shown that criminals are adept at choosing targets who appear to be unaware of what is going on around them.
- Walk in groups – You’ve heard of safety in numbers. This adage is especially handy while partying on Austin’s Sixth Street during Halloween. The easiest way to ensure your safety with numbers is to invite your friends and family members to festivities. The more people you’re familiar with that tag along, the safer all of you will be and potential wrongdoers will be deterred from making your night scarier than planned.
- Leave valuable possessions at home, or completely out of sight – Only take what you need with you to parties and festivities. On Halloween, thieves will be cleverly disguised and lurking through the night, ready to take your precious belongings. If you must take a cell phone or a bundle of cash with you, keep these items in a small purse or satchel that you have with you at all times to prevent potential theft.
- Personal protection – Although a small can of pepper spray may not fit well with your costume, you’ll feel better knowing that you’re able to protect yourself if someone tries to harm you while enjoying Halloween festivities. If you’re trained in women’s self defense, keep yourself safe by reviewing certain techniques before you go out to parties or out on the town.
Tip: “Whether or not you have self-defense training, and no matter what your age or physical condition, it is important to understand that you CAN and SHOULD defend yourself physically. You have both the moral and legal right to do so, even if the attacker is only threatening you and hasn’t struck first.“ 
- Keep your beverage in your hand – If you set your beverage down in an Austin bar or at a party and walk away from it, you’re opening yourself up for potential harm. A common name for Rohypnol is the “date rape” drug, and it is most commonly used on women. No matter how much you trust that the people you’re partying with, always keep your drink with you.
We want you to have fun and safe Austin Halloween. Don’t let your night of playing dress-up turn into a nightmare. Understand that there are real dangers present, and protect yourself with these safety tips from Freedom Bail Bonds-Austin. And remember, if you or any of your friends have a little too much fun on Halloween, give Freedom Bail Bonds a call. We’re available 24/ 7 to get people out of jail fast.